There are many good things about wild meat. First, they are very juicy, tasty, and extremely filling. They are healthy as the fat content is minimum and they are laced with proteins. The downside is that they take time to make and most wild meat recipes are complicated
Venison, on the other hand, is deer meat and it is one of the best wild meats that you can cook. Today we are going to be making the best venison roast that you’ve ever made. This recipe is easy, it can be made at your own house so, stick with us and enjoy.
These are the ingredients that you will need to make the perfect venison roast. You can get the perfect meat for venison roast at your nearest supermarket. Just ask them for “venison roast” meat.\
- 4 pounds of venison roast meat.
- Ten pieces of garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of crushed rosemary
- Onion Powder (One and a half teaspoons)
- A teaspoon of garlic powder
- A teaspoon of dried thyme
- Seven quartered medium carrots, quartered
- Five quartered small onions, quartered
- A tablespoon of beef bouillon granules
- One teaspoon of browning sauce (optional)
- Two tablespoons of cornstarch
- Three tablespoons of cold water
Making the venison roast is actually pretty easy. You should follow the recipe given below and you can make the best venison roast.
- The first thing you need to do is to prepare the roast meat. Cut 10 deep slits in the roast meat and insert a garlic clove in each slit.
- Mix the rosemary, onion powder, garlic powder, and thyme and just rub it over the meat. Cover the whole meat and put it in the fridge for around 2 hours.
- Add half-inch of water to a roasting pan. Place the roast meat, carrots, and onions in the pan.
- Now bake them for about 3 hours till the meat is cooked. The heat should be around 325 F.
- When the meat is tender, remove it from the oven and place it on a serving platter. Keep the oven warm.
- The next thing that you need to do is strain the drippings into a measuring cup.
- Take a large saucepan and combine the drippings, bouillon, sauce, and the remaining onion powder.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water and stir the mixture into the dripping.
- Boil the dripping and cook and stir for around 2 minutes until it’s thick enough.
- When the dripping gets thick enough, serve this sauce with the roast.
We can often meet many people who are not particularly a fan of Venison meat. It has mainly to do with the meat screwing up their stomach. It can definitely happen but not when you cook the meat properly.
Remember, wild meats lack fat content so they need to be cooked for a long time. Venison Roast requires to be cooked for around 3 hours. If you don’t cook it for that time, it will definitely be bad for you.
But when you do follow the recipe, the end result is quite a treat. The juicy meat along with the tasty sauce makes a good combination and you can have this dish for dinner. It is a classic recipe that is easy to follow and you can make it when you have the time.