Tomato Soup is one of the most consumed soups in the world. They are healthy, tasty, and effortless to make. A thick tomato sauce is called a Tomato Bisque, and today we will be providing an easy recipe to make it at home.
But you might be wondering, what separates a bisque from a soup. Well, the thing is, a traditional bisque has shellfish as an ingredient ( either lobster or crab). Bisque usually has a high amount of dairy cream to make it rich. Tomato soup, on the other hand, is just a vegetable or chicken stock, and it doesn’t have any cream. So, bisque is basically a better version of tomato sauce. It’s more creamy, delicious and can be eaten with rice, bread, or by itself. You can also serve it hot or cold so, brisque can work in all kinds of weather.
For making the perfect tomato brisque, you are going to be needing the following items:
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of bacon
- One chopped onion, carrot, and stalk celery
- Four cloves and garlic (minced)
- Five tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes chopped roughly
- Three parsley and thyme sprigs
- A cup of heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper (according to taste)
For preparing the Tomato Bisque, you can follow the instructions laid out below:
- Get a soup pot and heat the butter in it over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until it’s crisp, and most fat has been turned into oil. Please take out the bacon from the pot now and set it aside. Meanwhile, lower the heat to the soup pot and add onion, carrots, celery, garlic and cook as you are stirring for about 8 minutes.
- Now, stir in the flour and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the broth and tomatoes and boil them; remember to whisk them constantly. Add things such as Parsley sprigs, thyme, and bay leaf together with a piece of kitchen twine. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the heat now and allow the soup to cool.
- When you have cooled the soup base, remove the herb bundle, and start working in batches to transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until it’s smooth. When your puree is smooth enough, reheat it over medium heat after pouring it into the pot.
- The final thing to do is add the heavy cream and salt into the soup and season it with pepper for taste. Garnish with bacon and serve hot for better taste.
Tomato bisque is a low calorie, healthy meal that you can enjoy in summer and winter. It is especially perfect in the winter. The tasty and creamy tomato soup can be eaten for dinner or lunch. The recipe is easy enough, and you get an exquisite taste from it.
So, whenever you want to eat tasty and healthy soup, you should give the tomato bisque a try. You will not be disappointed!