Strawberries are one of the most consumed fruits in the world. The delicious texture of strawberry is just amazing to the tongue. And the flavor of strawberry can be found everywhere.
From ice-cream, chewing gums, cakes to soft drinks, sauces, and juices, strawberry is one of the most used flavors in the world.
So, today we are going to be giving our best strawberry sauce recipe for you all to enjoy. So, without delay, let us get right into the recipe.
What is a strawberry sauce used for?
Strawberry Sauce is basically a sauce that has a jam-like consistency. It is used for many purposes. The main usage of the sauce is as the topping for a cake.
So, if you ever decide to make any type of cake, you can use the sauce to top it off.
Also, since the consistency is like jam, you can always use the sauce on a toast and eat it for breakfast. In addition, waffles and biscuits are also tasty with freshly made strawberry sauce. The sauce can also be consumed on its own if you love the flavor of strawberry.
Is Strawberry Sauce healthy?
While strawberry itself is a very healthy fruit and the sauce in this recipe doesn’t contain any preservative or harmful products, one thing that can make the sauce a bit unhealthy is sugar. But it totally depends on you.
You can use brown sugar as it is healthier. Just substitute the white sugar with brown and you are good to go! And also, decrease the amount of sugar as you see fit. Otherwise, the sauce is definitely healthy.
Strawberry Sauce Ingredient List
With just a few ingredients, you can make the perfect strawberry sauce. The ingredients are given below:
- You need some fresh strawberries, cut them in half, and get them hulled.
- You need a mixture of cornstarch and water (to create a slurry consistency)
- Get some Lemon Juice to keep the flavor bright
- And the final thing you need is definitely Sugar!
Preparing a Strawberry Sauce is easy. You just need to follow some quick steps and you are good to go.
- First of all, mix the cornstarch and water together.
- Put the strawberries in a medium saucepan, Add the cornstarch mixture. Now, mash the strawberries with a spatula. This helps to release the juices of the berries.
- Add the lemon juice to the pan and also, add the sugar (according to your need). You need to now let the mixture simmer and cook for 5 minutes. The sauce will gradually get thicker.
- Get the saucepan out of the heat and let the sauce to cool down and there you have it. A perfect sauce!
So there you have it, a perfect jar of Strawberry Sauce for your weekends. You can use the sauce for different kinds of toppings and also make a good breakfast from it. The sauce goes well with biscuits, waffles, and cheesecakes. Now, go to your nearest supermarket, get some fresh strawberries and make this sauce in 10 minutes!