Bacon Wraps are some of the best snacks that you can try at home. They are easy to make and very tasty. Smoky Bacon Wraps are perfect for vacations, holidays, and game days like football or basketball.
When you combine smokey sausage and sugar-glazed bacon, the taste is out of this world. There are many people who enjoy eating smoky bacon wraps and if you are wondering how you can also enjoy this treat in the best way possible, we have you covered!
Today we are going to be providing you detailed instructions that you need to follow in order to make this delicious treat in your own kitchen. So, without wasting any second, let us get into it.
What are the Ingredients for the Smoky Bacon Wraps Recipe?
There are a few ingredients that you would need for making Smoky Bacon Wraps. These ingredients are widely available and you can buy them from your nearest grocery stores at cheap prices. So, let us see exactly the things that you need to buy for making some of the best Bacon Wraps.
- Small Cocktail Franks
- Around 9 Slices of thinly cut bacon
- One-Third cup of dark brown sugar for glazing
- One-Third Cup of Ketchup for added taste
- A pinch of Cayenne Pepper (if you want some heat), it is totally optional.
Side Note: Bacon Wrap Smokies have sugar glaze so, they are not to be consumed by people looking to lose weight. However, brown sugar is relatively better than white sugar so, you can definitely indulge in bacon wraps made with the brown sugar glaze.
Smoky Bacon Wraps Preparation
Now let us see the preparation method. Be sure to follow these instructions carefully and in detail. Once you have mastered the base recipe, you can then experiment and add your own variation to it. The recipe is given below:
- Step 1: The first step is to prepare everything. Set the oven to 350 °F.
- Step 2: The baking sheet that you are using needs to be greased, preferably with olive oil.
- Step 3: Cut the bacon into thin slices in a proper manner.
- Step 4: The next thing you need to do is wrap each slice around each of the small smokies (sausages).
- Step 5: Place everything in a foil-lined baking pan and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Step 6: While the sausages are inside the oven, let us make the glaze. Mix together ketchup and brown sugar in a mixture to form a thick sauce. Take out the bacon-wrapped smokies out of the oven and then brush the glaze mixture to the smokies individually.
- Step 7: Place the result back in the oven and bake till the bacon gets lightly crisp, bake for around 1-3 minutes, do not overcook the bacon.
So there you have it, follow the recipe above and get a crunchy treat for your taste buds. Smoky Bacon Wraps are really delicious and you can eat it with wine, beer, or any beverage of your choosing. It is easy to prepare a snack for any occasion.