Although the name is Deviled Eggs, they actually taste like heaven. Yes, Deviled Eggs are one of the best breakfast recipes that you can try.
They are easy to prepare and very tasty. Today we are going to be providing you with detailed instructions on how you can prepare the best-deviled egg at your own homes.
But what are deviled eggs? Well, Deviled eggs are basically hard-boiled eggs with a twist. The cooked yolk of a hard-boiled egg is combined with different flavored ingredients such as Mayonnaise and Mustard.
The white part of the eggs is filled with this delicious filling and the result is just great. You can have deviled eggs for lunch, breakfast, or as an appetizer.
A classic deviled egg is relatively easier to prepare but there are many versions of this great dish.
The Ingredients that you need while preparing Deviled Eggs are listed out below:
- The first thing that you need is 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider vinegar for that tangy flavor
- Salt and pepper, according to your taste
- Paprika for garnishing
Follow the steps given below in an orderly fashion to get the best-deviled eggs for you:
- The first step is to boil some water on a pot. Remember to boil the water in low heat to ensure that the egg cooks properly. When the water is no longer boiling or when it has bubbles, you can use a skimmer to put the eggs inside the water. Then increase the gas and let the eggs boil on high heat for around 15 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling, get a pot with iced water and set it aside. This post will help you peel the eggs.
- When the eggs are finished boiling, Just put them in your iced water bath and slowly start peeling. When you have finished peeling, slice the eggs in half.
- Remove the yolk from the egg and place the egg whites on the plate.
- The next thing you need to do is to mash the yolks and mix it with mayo, vinegar, and mustard. When you are done mixing, add the amount of salt and pepper you personally like and stir everything.
- Now, you can use a spoon for adding a portion of the yolk mixture back into the goles of each egg white.
- Set the deviled eggs on a plate and garnish with paprika.
Are deviled eggs healthy?
Egg whites are full of protein so, eating egg whites is always healthy. But deviled eggs also have yolk, which we all know has a boatload of carbs. The yolks are however mixed with vinegar so, it helps with digestion. Also, if you use Pink Himalayan Salt instead of common salt and a better quality mayo and mustard, deviled eggs can be healthy. In fact, a lot of high-class people in places such as Beverly Hills, Hollywood enjoy deviled eggs!
So, yes deviled eggs are definitely a treat. They are healthy and provide you with proteins and carbs. The carb can be a bit much for people wanting to lose weight but if you are trying to gain weight, then eggs are the way to go!
Another important thing about deviled eggs is that it can be eaten at any time of the day. Add to that, they are so easy to prepare and serve. You can always make it as an appetizer when you have your friends and families coming over for dinner.