Whether it’s a festival or a simple family get together; no celebration is complete without a juicy roast turkey! Just by the name of this dish, many of us go back in time and re-live the happy old memories.
If you also want to prepare this for your loved one but don’t have the recipe, you’re at the right place.
With our juicy roasted turkey recipe, you’ll make everyone happy, and that it is going to be remembered for years to come. After reading, you will be able to gather all the necessary ingredients and go through the step-by-step process of preparing a juicy roasted turkey.
The juicy roast turkey is very remarkable that it is going to be remembered for years to come. Now, let’s find out what ingredients we need.
This recipe is ideal for get-togethers and parties. So, if you’re looking to prepare it for such a similar occasion, it’s a great idea to buy a large turkey.
For this recipe, you’ll need a whopping 5 kg turkey. Besides that, we will also require many ingredients as this recipe involves dry brining, roasting, and gravy.
Preparing the perfect roasted turkey takes 3 steps: dry brining, roasting, and making the gravy. You can find all the necessary ingredients for each step down below.
For Dry Brining
The secret to making a delicious juicy roast turkey is to make the flesh moist before a couple of roasting days. For this, we suggest you season the turkey with the rub.
This process is called dry brining and it enhances the taste of the turkey to a whole new level.
- 2.5 tablespoons salt
- Two teaspoon dried herbs
- Two teaspoon paprika
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Roasting is the main part of the dish where you’ll do most of the work. You’ll also have to gather quite a few ingredients for this step.
- 50g / 10 tbsp regular melted butter
- About 1 tbsp herbs (sage, rosemary, and thyme)
- Three garlic cloves
- Two heads of garlic
- One onion
- Two small bunch mixed herbs
- 1.5 cups dry white wine (approximately 375 ml)
- Salt & pepper to season
A great gravy binds the whole recipe together. You don’t require anything fancy, just a couple of easily available ingredients.
- One liter chicken broth
- Some onions and garlic cloves
- Five tablespoon flour
- Salt and pepper
Method of Preparation
First of all, we will take you through the process of dry brining to make the turkey moist and juicy. Then, we will help you roast the turkey and make a delicious gravy.
Dry Brining Preparation:
- Take a bowl and mix in the dried herbs, paprika, garlic powder, and black paper.
- Then, gently pat dry the turkey using a paper towel. Do this both inside and out.
- Now, Sprinkle 1teaspoon of salt and the spices inside the turkey and roughly spread it. Now turn the turkey upside down and repeat the process.
- Again turn the turkey upright and rub the remaining salt and spices.
- Wrap or place the turkey in a plastic bag. Using one of those sealable bags works best.
- Preheat the oven to 170-175 Celsius.
- Take the brined turkey and roast for 30 minutes
- Turn the turkey over and use a brush to spread some butter all over the flesh. This is a great time to sprinkle a tiny bit of salt and pepper.
- Now, turn the oven down to 165 Celsius and roast the turkey for 45 minutes.
- Mix the remaining butter with garlic and herb. Use a brush to apply it over the turkey
- Roast the turkey for a further 30 minutes.
- Now put the turkey on a serving plate and cover it loosely for 30mins with foil.
This gravy is quite simple and anyone can make it.
- Place a roasting pan with garlic and onion still in it on the stove over medium-high heat. Add flour and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the broth and use a potato masher to mash the onion and garlic into the mixture.
- Cook for 3 to 5 mins.
If you want, you can make a few changes here and there to make the gravy taste as per your preference. But if you have no idea about preparing such stuff, follow this step-by-step recipe for a simple yet delicious gravy.
This juicy roasted turkey recipe is for all you beginners out there who want to impress friends and family. It’s easy to prepare and tastes wonderful.
You can prepare this dish for Christmas or Thanksgiving. But we recommend you try with a smaller turkey first if you’re a complete beginner at cooking. Having said that, you can try this recipe out with someone experienced by your side. Bon appétit !!!