There are multiple ways to cook a Sea Bass. You can use the oven for it, you can just deep fry it, roast it, make fish balls, the choices are endless.
But today, we are not doing something too fancy. We are trying to provide you a simple Pan-Fried Sea Bass recipe that you can cook in 20 minutes.
Yeah, it’s that easy to cook fish. Just 20 minutes and you will have the most delicious sea bass right at the comfort of your home. So, without any further delay, let us begin.
Sea Bass Ingredient List
- Salt (half teaspoon)
- Black Pepper (1-2 teaspoons)
- Olive Oil and Butter
- Sea Bass
- Lemon juice
- Chicken Stock
- Herbs and Garlic
We are going to dividing the recipe into two parts, the fish and the sauce. So let’s get into it.
Cooking the Fish
- First of all, pat the dry fish and make sure all the moisture is removed from the fish so it can get a brown color on the outside.
- Now, dredge (coat) the fish in a mixture of flour, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook the fish in a mixture of olive oil and butter, The olive oil will provide the flavor while the butter will make the fish crispy.
- Cook for 5 minutes and your fish is ready, set it aside for a while.
Lemon Herb Sauce
- For making the lemon herb sauce, the first thing to do is to add some white wine to deglaze the skillet where you’ll be cooking the sauce.
- Now add a bit of butter to the skillet and melt it.
- When the butter is melted, add some garlic and fresh chopped herbs to the pan
- Use chicken stock or vegetable stock to add some flavor to the sauce.
- Then, turn off the heat, add some lemon juice and little more butter.
- Keep the fish on a platter and then add this sauce to the fish and there you have it. The perfect Pan-fried Sea Bass recipe.
- Always use a stainless skillet for making the sauce. It is perfect for deglazing.
- If you cannot find sea bass at your supermarket, you can always use other fishes as a replacement. Some mild white fish will do the trick.
- The sauce doesn’t have to be concrete, you can play with our recipe and add your own twist to it. You can use different types of herbs like cilantro and chives. Also, you can add cloves and cardamom for more flavor.
Do You like fish food we recommend you to try Rockfish Recipe | Try at Your Home
Sea Bass is one of the most easily available fishes in the market so, you won’t have any problem finding them. They are also very affordable.
Pan-fried Sea bass is easy to make, you can have it for your lunch or dinner. There are different variations that you can try out for your self. So, give it a shot. Just get a Pan, get a Sea Bass, and start cooking!