Italian food is the best and Eggplant Parmesan is one of those Italian foods that is just way too tasty. It can be considered as a comfort food just like lasagna but the pasta is replaced by eggplant. Eggplants are really healthy. They have this creamy consistency that a lot of people like. Mix it with parmesan cheese and you have the perfect recipe. Today we are going to be providing you one such eggplant recipe that incorporates parmesan cheese.
The recipe for the perfect eggplant parmesan is listed out below:
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- A can of whole peeled tomatoes
- Raw tomatoes diced
- Half cup of finely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and fresh black pepper (according to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One and a half cups of breadcrumbs
- One and a quarter cups of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Three-Fourth cup of all-purpose flour
- For large eggs
- One and a half pound of fresh mozzarella
It can be quite difficult to make the perfect eggplant but we are going to simplify the recipe for you as best as we can. So, without wasting any time, let us get into it.
- The first step is to prepare the eggplant. Just slice the eggplants into thick rounds and lay them on a rack over a rimmed sheet pan. Sprinkle both sides of the eggplants with salt and let it sit and reease moisture for about 2 hours.
- Now, let us move to the sauce. heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and just cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, and break them up in the pan to release the juice. Increase the heat and let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes (do not cover the sauce pan). Add salt and pepper according to your taste and also, add minced basil for more flavor.
- Moving on to the coating , Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a rimmed dish. Keep flour in a shallow bowl, beaten eggs in another bowl and breadcrumb cheese mixture in the third bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Now coat the eggplants round with a spread of olive oil, dredge it in the flour first, then dip it in the eggs and then dredge it in the breadcrumb cheese mixture.
- Now the eggplant is ready to bake. Bake it on the oven for 20 minutes and when they are brown enough, remove them from the oven and let it cool.
- The next step is assembly. Place a thirs of eggplant in a singe layer that covers the sauce. Now layer half of the sliced mozzarella on top of the eggplant. Sprinkle one third cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Place another third of the eggplant over the cheese and spread sauce over them. And sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Bake it again for 35 minutes at 350 F and remove from the oven and serve after 10 minutes.
So, there you have it. The best recipe for eggplant parmesan. You can eat this recipe for dinner or lunch. But it can be a bit difficult to make. There are a lot of steps to follow here and the preparation stage of the recipe takes a fair share of time. But you can definitely try this at home when you have the time. Try it out on weekends, perhaps? Anyway, Eggplant Parmesan is a delicious treat and you should give it a try.