Macarons were invented in France and they were consumed by the royals initially. Later, the dish became available to everyone.
There are many kinds of macarons with different flavors the core idea remains the same.
The macaron is basically a cookie/waffle/biscuit that is filled with some creamy flavor. It is a homemade cream biscuit!
Today we are going to be providing you a Macaron recipe with Chocolate filling. Chocolate Macaron is widely consumed these days and they are the favorites of young kids.
Even adults love to have their share of Macarons. So without wasting any time let us just get into the recipe.
Chocolate Macaron Ingredient List
Macarons have two stages of preparation; the base and the filling. We are going to be providing a combined recipe so, the ingredient list given below will cover both parts:
- Almond Flour – For structure and texture of your base.
- Powdered Sugar – Macarons are always good when they are sweet.
- Cocoa Powder – For that chocolaty flavor
- Egg Whites – Needed when you want to bake anything
- Vanilla Extract – Chocolate and Vanilla go hand in hand.
- Powdered Sugar – Helps to whisk the batter properly
- Salt – For better baking.
- Chocolate Chips, Cream, and Nutella – For the filling.
Preparing a Chocolate Macaron can also be divided into two separate portions but we are trying to combine both of them and give you coherent instruction so, here’s the recipe that you should follow line by line.
- Take almond flour, sugar, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. Keep this bowl aside for a moment.
- Take the egg whites and whisk it in a large mixing bowl. Add the powdered sugar and keep mixing until the egg whites are completely beaten and the mixture is consistent. Remember to add the sugar in a gradual manner.
- Now go back to the first bowl and sift the almond flour and cocoa powder mixture with the egg white mixture. Fold the mixture and mix it properly. The more you fold, the thinner the mixture will get. Make sure the batter has a good consistency. Do not make the batter too thin.
- Get the batter inside a pastry bag and then pipe out the mixtures on those round baking sheets. Once you are done, let the mixture sit for around 20 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Bake the macarons for around 23-25 minutes. You can take out one macaron and check whether the batch is cooked or not.
- Once the macaroni is cooked, transfer the macaron to a fridge to let it cool.
- Let us now move on to the fillings. While the macaron is cooling, we will be preparing the ganache. In a medium bowl, put some chocolate chips and microwaved cream for the filling. Also, add Nutella for flavor. Cool the filling in the fridge.
- Now using a pastry bag, you can fill up the macarons and you are ready to go.
Chocolate Macarons are very tasty thanks to the cocoa powder. These macarons are perfect for every kind of event ranging from a birthday celebration to a party.
You can always enjoy these macarons when you have a craving for eating something sweet. They can be a bit difficult to bake initially but once you get the hang of baking things, you won’t want t o stop!