Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is the first meal and it’s always to have a good breakfast. While things such as cereal and milk or toast and coffee are easy to prepare breakfast in this fast-paced world, they are not really that healthy.
Breakfast burritos on the other hand are tasty as well as a healthy treat to start off your day. Today we are going to be providing you the best recipe for making world-class breakfast burritos. So, let us start.
But before we begin, let us tell you, there is no one way of making a breakfast burrito. There are actually many fillings that you can use.
We are providing you with the cheese bacon variation, you can definitely use any other meat or even make a veg burrito. There are countless ways of filling up the tortillas.
There are a lot of ingredients that you need for a burrito. They are given below:
- 8 slices of bacon
- One packet of frozen hash brown
- 8 large eggs
- One-third of condensed milk
- 4 Tablespoon of butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly grounded black pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Half cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe sliced avocado
- Hot Sauce
- The first thing you need to do is to cook the bacon. Cook the 8 slices of bacon in a large skillet. Keep the heat at medium, work in batches of 4 slices if necessary. Cook until the bacon is crispy, 6-8 minutes per batch should do it. Drain the excess fat from the bacon now and keep it on a plate.
- Now the next thing is to cook the hash browns. Since we are using the packaged or frozen hash browns for convenience, follow the instruction given on the packet.
- Set a medium bowl aside to whisk the mixture of eggs and milk. Clean the skillet that you used for cooking bacon and melt butter on it, use medium heat. When the butter starts to foam, reduce the heat and add the mixture of beaten eggs and using a spatula, stir this mixture until a soft curd-like consistency is formed. Now, season this with salt and pepper.
- The final thing that you need to do is to assemble the burritos. Use pre-made tortillas and layer the hash browns, the eggs, two slices of bacon, and avocado. Fold the two sides and roll up tightly. And you are ready to serve the tortilla with a hot sauce.
Burritos are high-calorie meals. One burrito will make you full till your lunch so, they are the perfect breakfast treat. While it is never recommended to eat burritos every day but once or twice a week, you should give it a try. It is very crucial that you have a homemade proper breakfast every now and then.